- Tourmaline come in a wide variety of exciting colors. Tourmaline has one of the widest color ranges of any gem species, occurring in various shades of every hue.
- Some tourmalines show a cat’s-eye effect call chatoyancy.
- Tourmaline is the birthstone for October, along with opal. It is the gem of the 8th anniversary.
- Tourmaline comes from the Sinhalese (Sri Lanka) word tura mali which translates as the stone of mixed colors.
- The wide range in colors of the tourmaline is said to be due to it traveling along the rainbow and gathered the rainbow’s colors.
- Tourmaline is believed to strengthen the body and spirit, especially the nervous system, blood and lymphs.
- It is said the stone inspires creativity and was used extensively as a tailsman by artists and writers.
Credit: Bernardine Fine Art Jewelry
#Tourmaline #Birthstone #Anniversary #GemFact