- Sapphire is the birthstone for September and traditionally marks the 5th and 45th anniversaries.
- Sapphire is most commonly known for its blue color, but it also comes in every other color except red (red is ruby). Some sapphires also have viable stares or change color in different kinds of light.
- Traditionally, sapphire symbolizes nobility, truth, sincerity, and faithfulness.
- In ancient Greece and Rome, kings and queens were convinced that blue sapphires protected their owners from envy and harm.
- One of the most famous blue sapphires is the engagement ring worm by Kate Middleton and Princess Diana.
Credit: Gemological Institute of America
#GemFacts #Sapphire #Birthstone #Anniversary